Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What a Weekend!

Karen and I helped out at a wedding this weekend. It was at Mt. Hood. The actual ceremony was at the Silcox Hut at the 7,000ft. level of the mountain. It was one of the most beautiful settings for a wedding I have ever seen.....
Karen played beautiful music and sang as though "there was an angel in the room(an actual comment made by one of the people there)." She also did all the makeup and hair for the girls and had general crazy fun. I am so proud of her. She was a great blessing for all involved.
I really wanted to be here...


This picture was taken around 10:00am. It is of the Palmer snow field. Timberline has one of the longest seasons in the country. I think it's open until September. And that is just to give the employees some time off and time for maintenance. I have skied a couple times during the summer. It is quite an experience.
For those who don't know, Timberline lodge was built in the 30's under the Works Progress Administration. It is amazing. I don't think it would be built today. There are four old growth trees cut into columns in the lodge, as well as rough-hewn stones all over. The story of its construction is really interesting. Here is the official site.
We got back on Sunday and Karen helped me finish my paper's second edit. So I am all done with the Romans class. It is on to Greek Exegesis 2 this fall. It's the last one in the Greek series at Faith (OTS). I need to start re-practicing my Greek!
Well, that's all for now I guess. Enjoy.

No comments: