Monday, July 10, 2006

Blurry Eyes

Today has been quite a whirlwind day.
Last night sometime around 12:00am we finally shut the lights out. Got up the next morning planning on doing my paper on Romans. It would have to wait...
Our saga of car problems continues. Friday someone tagged the Outback while Karen was downtown. It went unnoticed until Saturday night, when I went out to drive us to dinner with some friends. I saw that the front bumper was dinged and cracked and the fog light cover gone. Being Saturday night everything was closed. Monday morning I went down to a body shop and got an estimate, while waiting for the insurance agent to call back. I got a hold of him around 11:00am and got the claim going. From my earlier time at the body shop I thought they would be able to take the car today, figuring I'd give them a week-and-a-half or so to fix 'er up. So on the way back to the body shop to drop it off we stopped at the rental car place (Enterprise). They didn't have a car for the ammount we were covered for, so we got one we would have to pay the difference on, a Ford Taurus (The supervisior told the guy to give us a "good deal" on a Caddy, but that brought it to 36.00 a day! Why they couldn't give us a good deal on the Taurus, I don't know). We got to the body shop and found out that they couldn't even take it until next Friday!! So we went back to Enterprise and dropped the Taurus back off (they were nice and didn't charge us). Besides not needing it, I got a headache from the smoke odor driving it 10 blocks. Yuk! The guy at Enterprise was sheepish about it, saying, "Yeah, well we take them to a detail shop and they do what they can." Karen piped in that her husband happened to be able to take it out, but he wasn't intrerested in it. By now it was 1:30 and we were hungry and angry, so we went to DQ. While there an employee of Kettle Foods (they make Kettle Chips) made a scene because he thought it was taking too long to get his ice cream. He finally got it then proceeded to stare at all the women in DQ as he ate his tardy frozen treat. I made sure Karen had her back to the creep. I should call Kettle. 'Course they probalby have a few "Johns" working there, and I don't know his last name. Gives me the jibblies. Well, after eating I finally got around to typing the paper.
I just finished it 20 min ago. It ended up being 16 pages single-spaced. I haven't formatted it or edited it, but it needs to be 15 pages double spaced, so I got some cuttin' to do. Whew. So, I am blurry-eyed from staring at a computer screen for 8 hours.
Tomorrow I will be greeted with fresh torture, as I will return to cleaning all things nasty out of carpets. Good thing I have all my shots...speaking of shots, I haven't posted a good shot picture for a while so, here it is.

He was at a dead run. My friend Jim got him with a .223 Remington 700 last November. A nice shot. Shows how that little bullet shatters on impact, with all of its energy being displaced on contact.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Poor little bunny. ;)

I wish I could crank papers out that quickly. They take me 20 hours or so, usually, and I don't have the attention span to work for more than a few at a time. Ick.

Sounds like a frustrating day. I had a man come up to me at a wedding reception yesterday and start talking to me like he knew me. He smelled so much like beer than I knew he'd had a few too many, and the bridal party hadn't even arrived at the reception site yet...