Monday, July 03, 2006

New Links, Old Friends

I have been re-connecting with some of my old IBEX acquaintances as of late. "What is IBEX," you ask? Well, it stands for Israel Bible Extension. It is run by Master's College in CA. They allow students from several other colleges to participate also, including: Biola, Cedarville, Concordia, and Western Baptist(Corban). It is an extension campus in Israel about halfway between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem in the Judean Hill Country - the Shphelah. Students go for a semester, learning about the land, the Bible, history, language and people of the Holy Land. There are many field trips and too many activities to mention. I went my last semester of college. I thought it would be a good culmination of my Bible training. Boy was it! It was more fantastic than I could ever have imagined. Almost every day I think about going back. If the Lord would allow, I would move there tomorrow. At the very least, EVERY Christian should go at least once. Time does not allow me to communicate all the things the Lord did for me there. Suffice to say I went an immature Christian boy, and came back "a man," as Karen likes to say.
Anyway, I found a blog run by one of the profs there, Todd Bolen. He posts almost every day about events in Israel and it is excellent. Here is the link :http://blog.bibleplaces.com/
I also found a blog run by "The IBEX Scribe," Angie. It is good too :http://ibexscribe.blogspot.com/ She gave Karen and I a really comfy fleece blanket for our wedding. We still love it. Anywhoo...time for bed!
But not before a random pic!


This is our friend Joe and I being boys at the beach. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the publicity! IBEX is awesome!

psychobob said...

I really enjoy your blog, but then it would be good 'cause it's written by a scribe!