Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oofah

So I turned in my Romans paper this afternoon. As I was talking with the "registrars" in the office, the prof. overseeing me dove into it. After a couple minutes he came over and began questioning me about my thesis and supporting points. I begged him to be lenient with me, as this is only the second paper I have written in about 5 years. Of course I was kidding, and I told him I actually looked forward to his critique. By the time I graduate, I would like to have improved greatly in my paper writing. I have heard some of the guys at Faith(OTS) want students to submit papers for ETS! Wow. That's the big leagues in the theological world. I just want go to a meeting(BTW - I had to edit that sentence because it was passive and Karen is driven nuts by my passive sentences. Of course I explain to her that all my Greek training is seeping over into my English. The above sentence would most likely be, "I would like to just go to a meeting," in Greek. Oh well. Rabbit Trail end. Please step carefully back onto the Train of Thought.).
Well, various computer games call. 'Night.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Passive sentences are bad! Use not the passive voice and thou wilt be wise.

psychobob said...

Surely in jest you have spoken...