Thursday, July 06, 2006

"What Bugs You" Thursday

There's a local sports talk station that has a "What bugs you Wednesday." Well, it's Thursday, but I have a couple bugs, and it's my blog.
First, I got two phone calls on my personal cell phone and one on my work cell today from some number I didn't recognize (469-476-6982). Each time it was a recording in Spanish. Translated it said, "Hello, you have terminated all options this call will be ended now, thank you. (roughly)." WHAT???? I googled it and found this has been going on for over a year, with different numbers. No one knows why it is happening. The number is from the Dallas TX area. I tried calling it back and got a "this number cannot be called as dialed" message. Very annoying!
Second, as I type this, our computer room window is open to take advantage of the cool weather we are having (67 F as of 7:20pm). Twice now a car has come by with the music so loud that it vibrated my computer monitor. Grrr....One was "oom-pah" Mexican music. The other was Rap-crap. What gives them the right to force me to listen to their dumb music as they sit at the light? Makes me want to share my rusty nails-pushed-through-tar-paper collection.....In the street.....
'Course then they would spend more time out there with their loud music, so it would defeat the purpose. Maybe I could share my keys-nailed-to-a-car-door-height-2-by-4-and-placed-along-the-street-in-a-bucket-of-cement collection. Yeah, that'd do it.
Seriously. I thought there were volume ordinances. Where are the police? As I type, a third car is waiting at the light with loud music. Another oom-pah song.
Well, enough griping. I shouldn't let other people's rudeness ruin my evening. I'm gonna go get some ice cream....

5 comments:

Angie said...

Ice cream is good for what ails you. :)

I really dislike loud music, and it is probably illegal. I know in CA it is illegal to have music playing so that it can be heard more than 50 feet away. I would love to see that enforced... I have no idea what the limits are in theory in NY, but my old apartment got to hear all kinds of loud, annoying music, most of which came from my neighbors in the building.

psychobob said...

In Israel it was the loud girls in the dorm directly across the wall from me.... :-)

beula the music geek said...

HONEY! I forget how funny you are! I love reading your blog so keep updating it and talking about what is in your geeky crazy brain! LOVE YA LOTS, babe!

wifey

Angie said...

Well at least it wasn't from my room, then, since the only wall we shared was with the girls next to us (Anne, Rachel F and Jessie). You might have heard them! And the laughing and talking and all of the other noise...

psychobob said...

Yup, that was it. :-) I thought I lived across the wall from a pack of Hyenas (no offense of course)!