Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Questions and Concerns

I saw two very disturbing bumper stickers yesterday.
The first was a home made sign that said, "Impeach Bush." I want to know on what grounds we should impeach the president of the United States. I see that sign a lot, but so far, I haven't seen why. As far as I know being "the world's number one terrorist" is a little hard to prove in a court. And I haven't seen any evidence of any crime. Here is a link to a site listing the history of impeachment. By the way, since 1797 there have been 16 impeachments, only 2 of them presidents and neither of them were convicted.
The second bumper sticker said, "Frodo failed, Bush has the ring." This one really chapped my hide. I tried looking for a decent discussion about what they mean by it, but to little avail. Apparently, there is a rumor that Rick Santorum, a legislator said that the Eye of Mordor was being drawn to Iraq, and away from the US. Some smarty-pants Liberal thought it would be cute to play with this, and came up with the dumb bumper sticker. Are they actually saying that Bush=the Dark Lord of Mordor? Excuse me, but last I checked, he is the duly elected president of our great nation. I didn't know he was a purely evil god bent on the destruction of life by using hordes of mutated elves, dragons, and undead ghost-kings.....
Just my thoughts for the day.

No comments: