Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Last Greek Class

Today was the last Greek class I will have while in seminary!
It was an 8 hour journey through I Peter 3:18-21. Well, we started on Thursday night, continuing on Friday night, then working on it all Saturday.
Basically, Christ suffered on our behalf so we might be brought toward God with a good conscience.
No, it is not saying that water baptism saves.
Amid the excitement of having completed the last class is the sadness that my 'Cougs couldn't take care of business against the bottom dwelling Arizona Wildcats. They lost 17-27.
I knew it was too good to be true. The 'Cougs are just to beat up from injuries. Their star running-back had to fill in as a kicker....

4 comments:

Cherie said...

But on the flip side, the Ducks sent the Huskies home licking their wounds.......... to the tune of 34-14!

And OSU beat Arizona State 44-10!

There's nothing like Homecoming at Autzen Stadium! Tailgaters were out cooking on their habachis by nine A.M. in the crowded parking lots, scores of RV's and color coded fans! What a blast!

Glad you finished Greek. A load off, huh! How many terms of it did you have? Joe will have to take 2 years of it. He's getting A's on his tests, keeping up, but it ain't easy........as you well know.

What comes next for you in your seminary quest?

psychobob said...

Wow, I haven't posted for a while.
Actually, I haven't finished Greek yet, per se' because we still have our final project to do, which I worked on all day today.
Since we go by quarters at the seminary, I had, umm...6 quarters? It took 3 years, at any rate.
I looked at the school Joe is going to a while back. I think the Greek I took is quite a bit different than Joe's, since they learn Classical Greek, rather than Koine'. But yes, it isn't easy.
Next quarter will be Old Testament Exposition 2 and Patriology, Hiology, and Pneumatology (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

Cherie said...

Thanks for answering, Bob! Wow! You will be busy next quarter. You are right about the different types of Greek. Joe told me the same thing you said, about his being Classical and whatnot, after I left my comment. It's a helpful thing to learn, I think you'll both agree. Joe even 'thinks Greek' a lot of the time, which is really funny. He answers in Greek sometimes when he's sorta brain dead from all his studying. He'll be heading into "Dead Week" after the holidays, then, a nice long break before winter term. Are you taking all those classes AND working full-time? You are doing terrific. Keep up the good work!

psychobob said...

Actually, working more than full time...grr..
Thanks!