Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Vacation II

Remember, at a High Mass the subdeacon no longer wears the humeral veil; the paten is left upon the altar, and the subdeacon joins the deacon in assisting the celebrant.
Thus endeth my instructions regarding the "Vacation II" post.
When we last ended I was describing our trip home from Spokane. Karen and I wanted to take some pictures of the area where we grew up.
This is a picture along Highway 395, near the junction of Highway 17. If there is a "nowhere" this is really close. This picture is typical for this time of year in Eastern Washington. I think it was a little cooler than normal that morning, only around 80F. For a long time the signs here didn't include "Othello." We were really excited when they changed the sign and we were on it.




This is a view looking Southwest from 395. The mountain in the distance is Rattlesnake Ridge. Rumor has it that it is the tallest hill in America without a tree on it, but I can't find any substanciation on that. You can decide for yourself. Here is a link to another blog with the same claim. Hey, if two people who do not know each other make the same claim, it must be true, right? Anyway, as you can see, there are vast areas of flatness in Eastern Washington puntuated by high ridges. And farms, lots of farms.

This was taken several miles down 395. They have harvested the wheat in this field, then cut and baled the straw, and are now picking it up to stack it. If I remember that is a John Deere 4850 driving around there.

Well, after viewing all this excitement, we met my sister for lunch, which was very fun, then made our way home. We stopped at REI in Tuallatin before continuing to Salem. Karen got the hiking bug after trying out some backpacks.

I close with perhaps my favorite pic of the trip......

Owl poo. Cool.

4 comments:

beula the music geek said...

Hey, you strange man! Nice ending to the trip diary. LOVE YOU!!

me

p.s. Will you help me with pics so I can update MY blog?? Thanks, my big strong man!!

psychobob said...

yup

Angie said...

Ewwww...owl poo!

I do like the way you opened this blog post. Clever. :)

Tractors Data said...

Are you want to get more information about the tractor? So Click Here - Top 10 Tractors