Saturday, February 25, 2006

I like to post in "trebuchet." Although I am not entirely sure why it is called "trebuchet," as a treb. Was one of the most destructive war machines of the Middle Ages.
Well, as is the case with many of my questions, I promptly did a web search of the topic. It yielded this. It doesn't say why the guy named it after a siege weapon, but it was still interesting.
I have been interested in trebs since I began to play Age of Empires 2 where they play an important role in smashing your opponent's defenses (or leaving you scrambling to find those pesky light cavalry units to destroy them!). I always wanted to build one. I might someday.
How disappointing! I clicked on a station on XM online because it said Johnny Cash was on. Apparently is was almost over because by the time it connected it was Reba McIntyre from the 80's. BLACCH!
This week we had a lectureship by a great apologist Dr. Gary Habermast. He led us through an apologetical method we can use with everyone from world-class scholars to lay people because he only uses scripture that is accepted as "authentic" by even the most liberal scholars to prove that Jesus claimed to be God, was crucified, and rose from the dead. From there you can work back to prove the existence of God and the exclusivity of the Christian message for salvation. It was great! I will give more detail later. Right now I have to work on a new project....

3 comments:

Danny said...

hmmm, maybe someday we should set up an internet AoE2 match. . . (if I can find my CD) Then you can whoop up on me!

Trebuchets are interesting to watch, the woodshop class at my school in Lebanon built a couple small ones.

psychobob said...

We could definatley set up an AOE2 maych, but I prefer whooping up compies with friends.

Matthew Celestine said...

I would like to read some books by Gary Habermas.