Monday, January 02, 2006

Well, thanks Danny! Now I can post with reckless abandon.
I took a week off work to work on homework.....and do other Christmasy and New Yearsy things. It was great. I did everything from researching the history of biblical Philippi (BTW, why is the city spelled with two "p's" while the ruler, Phillip, for which it is named spelled with two "l's"?), to playing 12 hours of Battlefield 1942 with a good friend. Life is grand.

In case you haven't heard, the Willamette Valley is floating away, well, parts of it. It isn't as bad as No. Cal. but I saw a news report of how "heavy rains" caused flooding in Salem. The city works department said there was nothing they could do. If you know us then you know how I feel about the city works department. Somehow they manage to spend $2,738,701 of our taxes and fees last year and every time it rains some part of Salem floods. This city goes nuts anytime there is a major weather event. If it ever snowed I think you'd have to put most Salemites on suicide watch.

Well, I have to help out at work tonight (9pm to 1am), so I better get to goofing off. My wife got me Age of Empires 3 for Christmas and it is beconing me....

No comments: